ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY TEACHER
- Hold a NJ Standard Instructional Certificate in Engineering/Electronic Technology, #4174, or ability to obtain a teacher certificate via Alternative Route Program in Engineering Technology or NJDOE certification as a Teacher of Technology Education: Standard Certificate #1810, in accordance with the requirements of N.J.S.A. 18A:27.1 et seq., and 27-2 and N.J.A.C. Title 6 Chapter 11.
- Related College degree and/or four years of directly related industry experience are required for certification. Background in CADD software required.
- Three years of experience in certified field and working with students preferred.
Nature and Scope of Job:
Assumes professional responsibility for providing learning experiences and supervision of assigned students in a supportive and positive classroom climate that develops in each student the skills, attitudes, and knowledge to meet and exceed the State Core Curriculum Content Standards, following the approved curricula and directives of the school Achieving academic excellence requires that the Engineering Technology Teacher works collaboratively with other members of the school staff and with parents of each student.
- Work year of ten months
- Salary, benefits, leave time and conditions specified in the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- The Principal and assigned Supervisor
Only candidates of interest will be contacted for an interview.