Computer Teacher – High Point Adolescent School Position Purpose Candidate must have the ability to teach the principles of computers and business software to special education students of different ages and at different academic levels. Candidate also must have a strong knowledge of Google classrooms and appropriate NJ Department of Education Certifications.
Essential Performance Responsibilities • Creates lesson plans that are age and ability appropriate for Special Education students. • Evaluate student performance and give timely feedback • Assigns special projects to students. • The ability to provide appropriate digital learning materials for students. • Utilizes varying teaching methods that work best for students who learn differently. • Develops and updates curriculum for the classroom. • Encourages creativity and hands on learning experiences for students. • Maintain technical equipment, computer laboratory and keeps an inventory of supplies. • Ensures that computer equipment is functioning properly. • Maintains accurate records of students’ progress in class and on examinations. • Utilizes appropriate classroom management skills and handles student behavior issues in accordance with school system policies. • Stays up-to-date on changes and advancements in computer technology taught in the classroom. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have exceptional computer skills.
- Must have strong working knowledge of New Technologies and 21st Century Skills
- Must have strong working knowledge of business systems and software
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have knowledge of a wide range of computer technologies.
- Must have excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Must have excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have good social networking skills.
- Must have understanding of computer monitors, central processing units, operating systems, hard drives and file storage.
- Must have strong public speaking skills.
- Must be detail oriented and mechanically inclined.