We are currently hiring motivated Special Education *Paraprofessionals* for our Elementary, High School and Transition Education programs at our school located in Mount Laurel, NJ.
The Special Education Paraprofessional provides assistance and support to the Teacher in the planning and implementation of classroom instruction to specifically meet the educational needs of the assigned student. We are looking for Special Education Paraprofessionals that are passionate about providing quality care in a positive and empathetic manner. Our Special Education Paraprofessionals must have a strong desire to work with autistic, intellectually and/or developmentally disabled children.
Our Special Education Paraprofessionals assist in the planning and implementation of classroom instruction within an assigned area of functional, developmental, vocational, and/or transitional curriculum in elementary or secondary education in accordance with the Individual Education Plan (IEP)
Our Special Education Paraprofessionals Work directly with the assigned student on a one-to-one basis in accordance with levels of supervision, the IEP, and the established behavior plan
In support of Teacher, our Special Education Paraprofessionals complete various paperwork; e.g., incident reports, student progress reports, behavioral rewards, etc., utilizing a system of documentation that is professional, efficient, accountable, and conforms to federal, state and School policies and procedures
Our Special Education Paraprofessionals provide crisis intervention, as needed, through de-escalation techniques, staff support, and assistance. Follow state-approved emergency procedures and utilizes Bancroft-approved crisis intervention techniques at all times
- Must be 18 years of age
- At least 60 College Credits required
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid Driver’s License in the candidates’ legal name and current address
- One year minimum driving experience
- License should be in good standing and free of restrictions
- Aspiration to work with autistic, intellectually and developmentally challenged individuals
- Prior experience working with individuals with autism, intellectual or developmental disabilities preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
You may use the APPLY button